Attorney – Of Counsel
Areas of Practice
Labor and Employment Matters
Did You Know?
Greg is a former NFL agent. He negotiated contracts with NFL teams and even placed clients in the Canadian Football League. Greg believes the best thing about being a sports agent is helping clients live their dreams.
Greg Brumfield is an experienced attorney who represents employers in both the public and private sectors in the defense of discrimination, harassment and retaliation claims for age, gender, disability, race, religion, national origin and other protected categories. Greg excels in advising employers through personnel issues pre and post litigation. Greg concentrates his practice in the areas of employment and labor. Over his legal career, he has worked with and defended a variety of clients in the labor and employment practice areas. Examples of his representative matters include defending clients against allegations of racial, age, national origin, disability, and religious discrimination, harassment and retaliation under state and federal laws; Family and Medical Leave Act claim; retaliation and denial of benefits claims brought under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act; executive agreement and restrict covenant litigation; drug-testing disputes and reduction in force challenges. His practice also involves negotiating collective bargaining agreements, defending arbitrations, violation of civil service rules, violation of trade secrets and enforcing non-compete agreements.
In addition to his established litigation track record, Greg negotiates severance agreements, employment contracts, non-compete and confidentiality agreements, and counsels employers who are subjected to discrimination charges and lawsuits. The highlight of Greg’s experience includes:
- Successfully litigated enforcement of a non-competition agreement in state court.
- Drafted sex harassment, overtime, and other employment policies and forms for hundreds of employers in a variety of industries.
- Helped retail services client draft innovative FMLA policy aimed at reducing absenteeism.
- Conducted dozens of workplace investigations for public and private employers.
- Trained public and private supervisory workforces on all aspects of employment law compliance.
- Drafts and assists in enforcement of non-compete agreements.
- Favorably litigated and mediated numerous employment actions in federal and state courts, and before the EEOC and other administrative agencies.
- Regularly counsels clients on employment law compliance, pension matters, non-competition agreements, and other employment contracts.
- Significant experience drafting non-competition agreements, employment contracts, policies, and compensation practices for employers.
As a former attorney with Jones Walker law firm, one of Louisiana’s oldest and most prominent firms, Mr. Brumfield gained extensive experience litigating employment cases on behalf of his corporate clients and advising clients on virtually all aspects of employment law. Mr. Brumfield counsels companies on employment compliance and litigation avoidance, including the drafting and implementation of employment policies and procedures; investigating allegations of internal unethical and/or unlawful conduct; conducting comprehensive employment audits; negotiating employment contracts and restrictive covenants; and providing hiring, disciplinary and termination–related advices. His litigation experience covers all phases from discovery and taking depositions to writing and arguing motions and appeals, and appearing at trial, mediation and administrative hearings.
As an attorney with both private law firm, government and in-house experience, Mr. Brumfield is uniquely qualified to represent corporate clients.
- Louisiana State Licensed Attorney
- United States District Court – Eastern, Western and Middle Districts of Louisiana
- J.D., Law │ Southern University Law Center, Baton Rouge, LA (cum laude)
- Law Review and Moot Court│Southern University Law Center, Baton Rouge, LA
- B.A., Government │ Nicholls State University, Thibodaux, LA (cum laude)